Valley, first called Spring Valley, is a historic only site along the St. Helens-Pittsburg road near Wilark. A Post office was operated by Catherine Dupont in her home from April 23, 1895 until March 20, 1905. Larry Rea reports that his Grandmother Zimmerman worked for Ms. Dupont as a domestic servant for a time. The Duponts operated a Shingle mill on their homestead.
Valley School District # 41 had 12 registered voters in 1903 dropping to only 5 by 1908 when the school as abandoned and merged into Trenholm.