Keasey is named for Eden W. Keasey who was responsible for the first post office in the community on August 5, 1890. Keasey served as the first post master. Members of the Keasey family still live there. It is located Northwest of Vernonia along Rock Creek. The logging railroad which served the Oregon American Sawmill at Vernonia, which in its heyday in the 1920's claimed to be the biggest in the world, passed through Keasey on its way to all points west. In the 1890's Burn Road was improved as a plank road north to Mist and on to Clatskanie, and was one of the earliest routes from Vernonia to Clatskanie. Only pieces of Burn Road remain today.